Shropshire RCC is a UK Online Centre and provides free access to computers from our base on Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, SY2 6LG. We are open from 10am-3pm Monday to Friday. To book a session, please contact us on 01743 342177.
We also support a network of Get Shropshire Online groups across the county where you can access one-to-one tuition from a volunteer to learn at your own pace. Groups currently operate in Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth, Wem, Ellesmere, Shawbury, Market Drayton and Shifnal. Click here to find out about this or call us on 01743 342177.
As a UK Online Centre, we provides free access through 'Learn My Way' to a wide range of courses to develop IT skills that can help you at home, in the workplace or in a voluntary role. These include:
- Keyboard and mouse skills
- Using email
- Using the internet to search for information
- Finding a job and creating a CV online
- Accessing public services online (eg buying a car tax disk)
- Internet security/safety online
- Online shopping
- Saving money and maximising income
- Using Facebook and socialising online
- Using a mobile phone
- Accessing health information and services online
If some or all of these courses appeal to you or someone you know, here's how you can get started by yourself:
- Log on to www.learnmyway.com
- Create an account. You will need to use Shropshire RCC's Centre Code: 3451801
- Start using the free Learn My Way courses at your own pace.
Remember, help is on hand from our team at Shropshire RCC and the Get Online groups - call 01743 342177
Why is the Get Shropshire Online project important? more
Get Shropshire Online is part of our charity's work to ensure that the move towards a more digital way of providing services does not disadvantage local people who do not have the skills to use the internet. The project provides:
- FREE one-to-one IT mentoring with a volunteer at several local venues
- Access to Learn My Way, a package of short courses created by UK Online Centres to help you develop IT skills. Click here for more about this - http://www.learnmyway.com/
- Help for community groups to use digital technology to promote their work and reach more people
For more information on Get Shropshire Online, click here - http://www.getshropshireonline.co.uk/
To speak to someone directly about getting online, contact Lisa on 01743 342177
To help improve access to online information and services within Shropshire, we have various Get Online groups based throughout the county which aim to help people learn basic computer skills. These groups are run by our team of knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers. The groups are mainly held in local libraries and are very small and informal. People can volunteer with us either as a digital champion or by becoming an administrator. Please visit http://www.getshropshireonline.co.uk/volunteering-2/ for further information.