Do you need volunteers?more
If your organisation involves volunteers in your work or if you run an employer supported volunteer scheme, the Shropshire Volunteering Team can help you.
Through our volunteer brokerage service we can help you find suitable volunteers for your organisation. Using the national volunteering database at www.do-it.org.uk we advertise volunteering vacancies and match up potential volunteers. We also promote volunteering through events such as Volunteers Week, Make a Difference Day and through local campaigns.
The Shropshire Volunteering Team can:
- Meet with potential volunteers and offer information, advice and guidance on a confidential one-to-one basis
- Give advice about interviewing and selecting volunteers
- Give advice about references and other checks for volunteers
- Help you keep your volunteers with guidance about how to support them effectively
- Help you develop your work with volunteers. We have a comprehensive library of resources about volunteering
- Help to promote your volunteering opportunities
- Offer peer to peer support through the quarterly local area Volunteer Forums
- Give up to date information on good practice and governance issues for the voluntary and community sector organisations
- Help identify sources of funding for your organisation through our grantfinder service
- Provide training on volunteer management and recruiting and retaining volunteers
Would you like to volunteer?more
Volunteering offers the chance to:
- Help others
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Gain self confidence
- Broaden your horizons
- Improve employability
- Have fun!
What can the Shropshire Volunteering Team offer you?
Information on a wide range of volunteering opportunities
- Contact with organisations you might want to volunteer for
- Advice and support about being a volunteer
- Support whilst you are volunteering
How do I get involved?
There are several ways you can obtain information on volunteering from us:
- Go to www.do-it.org.uk to search the wide range of volunteering opportunities in your local area
one of our Outreach Officers at a drop-in. Drop-ins are held regularly
around the county. Please contact your local Outreach Officer to find
out the dates and times of their drop-ins:
Central Shropshire (what was Shrewsbury and Atcham) – Nickie Edwards, 01743 237872, 07791 260879, email@example.com
Southern Shropshire – Clive Leworthy, 07791 260888, firstname.lastname@example.org
Oswestry – Kim Thompson-Lawrence, 01691 656882
North Shropshire – Alex Drury, 01691 65688
We currently have a vacancy for a Database Administrator.
Could you provide companionship to someone living in a care home? Or lead an activity for a group of people who don’t have many visitors? We have a new project based at two local care homes ( The Uplands at Oxon and Crowmoor House) to support residents to have more variety in their daily routines. Contact us to find out how to get involved.
All volunteering opportunities are advertised on the do-it website – www.do-it.org.uk