Marketing and Communications Manager Circa £30,000
Full time, Shrewsbury based
Closing date 12 April
Are you a skilled communications professional with strong project management skills and a passion for rural issues?
We’re looking for an experienced Communications Manager to take on this new role within our Senior Management Team at Shropshire RCC. You’ll be a proactive team player with excellent writing skills, experience of engaging across different channels from PR to digital, and track record of delivering communications with impact.
- To deliver a comprehensive Marketing and Communications strategy to ensure that SRCC engages effectively in our marketplace through clear, contemporary, attractive and compelling use of all media.
- To grow awareness of the opportunities we offer and market our services to the communities, stakeholders and people of Shropshire, and
- To grow our membership through development of our membership offer
Main tasks of the role:
- Develop, test and shape key communications messages to support our organisational priorities. Writing, editing, proofing and reviewing copy content across the charity in line with our key communications messages and objectives
- Develop new systems to allow effective forward planning and project management of communications activity.
- Provide project management support to communications across the charity, working collaboratively to support the smooth and timely delivery of PR campaigns, launches and a wide range of projects.
- Lead on the development of our Annual Report and Review, using a creative approach to report the impact of our work to our funders and donors.
- Manage our on-line presence and social media campaigns
Do you share our love of Shropshire? Do you understand the challenges faced by people living in rural areas, particularly those who are older, living alone, or vulnerable due to their health, economic circumstances or caring responsibilities? Do you want to make a difference in the community, or to "put something back" after a successful career? Perhaps you have recently moved to the area and want to get involved with a charity which really makes a difference to people's lives.
Could you bring:
- Strategic financial experience to help us to maintain a robust, financially sound Rural Community Charity or
- HR experience to support our organisation which is proud of how it works with its staff and volunteers or
- Marketing/PR experience to support us to get our message across to the widest audiences in a time of massive competition in ever evolving communication platforms
- Fundraising experience to support our work particularly through your personal contacts or experience organising community events
- Legal or property experience to support the management of our own assets and our work supporting others to manage theirs
If you can offer any of the above, we will welcome an application from you to become a member of the Shropshire RCC Board of Trustees. You can download an recruitment pack here